Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Inspiration

Photo club was last night. It was a good meeting. Large group, probably the biggest yet. Dan Leffel presented, a series of images of his travels accross North America, mostly US, but included some of Peggy's Cove. I've always been quite impressed with his work, but to see his collection was incredible. He probably presented around 100 images and in the context there were probably only 3 or 4 edits that I would have made, although probably 90 of those shots are better than anything I have!

Here is his web site
Bold Light Photography

Then of course, it was contest time. It was open category. Carol Kropscott was the judge due to unavoidable issues with the original and alternate judges. Carol was a former PPC member who moved to Kansas. I remember Carol so it was good to hear her. She's a great woman and very involved with Photography. But she takes her judging very seriously.

I had two entries, one which she critiqued appropriately, and I knew when I submitted, but she also had good comments, more than I expected. The second one did much better. Overall there were some 60 odd entries, in three categories. I compete in Advanced. Images, Images, my first image, more images, more images, scores getting up, I'm getting excited, into Honorables mentions, then third place, woo hoo I'm in the points. My Masterpiece Theater earned 14 points for 2nd place!

No comments: