Monday, July 23, 2007

Black Widow

Very few miles this weekend as it was another busy one on the home front. It was Marc's 13th birthday this weekend so we had a little party on Saturday night. I think this is the first time we had young girls in the house. Scary stuff when there are also young boys going through life changes! All went well, the girls went home about 10PM and things settled down slightly. Marc got a new left-handed guitar for his birthday.

We had our chapter meeting on Saturday, that is all the riding I got in this weekend. Spent my HOG bucks on a smooth fuel door release and installed it on Sunday. No more searching for my key at fuel stops!

Sunday spent quite a bit of time outside trying to get the backyard in shape. Had to tear apart the lawnmower again and clean out the carb. I think the gas I have is a bit old and is probably gumming up the carb. Next it was on to the storage unit. Make some room in it to put the outdoor stuff in it until I build a shed. So off to the unit to get the Christmas decorations.

Well I opened the unit and about head height was a spider. It had built a web/nest in the chair and was a bit of a unique looking spider. I tried to get a good look at it but there's not a lot of light in the unit. So trying to throw it out into the hallway, I instead knocked it down into the boxes.... Oops. I was thinking it looked a lot like a black widow, although I don't believe that I have positively seen one before.

So carefully I picked up each box and lo and behold there was the spider, a bit stunned, I must have given it a bit of a knock.
I was able to put it out in the hall for a better look and sure enough, the little red hourglass. Yes it was a black widow. Note, key word on was....

No comments: