Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day After Chili

Well I must be more competitive than I thought. We came in 2nd place. Still very, very good, but I admit I was actually quite disappointed. I was really hoping to win so that we could bring the trophy back to American Eagle so we could host next year.

It was another long day, long week actually, two hockey games and still had to prepare the meat and get supplies and packed. Up fairly early Saturday and off to Bedford. It was very windy and the setup was different than the last time in Bedford, so we were quite exposed. Luckily all the canopies held and the flame never blew out till it was almost done.

The judges came back for a second sampling, so I have a feeling the competition was close. We got some very positive feedback from the tasters so overall I feel pretty good, we were recognized, but still.

Oh well, back to normal today, more home projects. Finishing details. Cut and installed trim on the french doors, hung the piece of crown moulding and did some caulking, including Ryan's bathroom. Stuff is nearing completion.

No comments: