Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Architecture and Morality

Bit of a music reference, album title from a band in the 80's, Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (OMD). Pretty good album, I liked it anyway, bit of synth-pop. Probably their biggest hit was Enola Gay.

Anyway, why the title. Well Corey had guitar lessons so not having a lot of time between drop-off and pick-up, but time to kill, I ventured downtown McKinney with my camera and fixed focus 50 mm lens. I've been wanting to start doing more with my photography of late so the only way to do it to just do it. Mckinney has a bit of a historical downtown, so hence the Architecture reference. Sorry that's it, no Morality reference. Although it is Texas, and Mckinney houses the Collin County Courts.

So I took a few shots of some of the buildings, but I must say my eye is definatly out of practice. Here are a couple of shots, nothing of note that's for sure, hopefully there will be improvement in coming shoots.

Tuesday isn't very busy downtown after supper but there was another photographer doing some fashion shots with a young male model. Looked like it may have been for one of the local community magazines or maybe a catalog.



No comments: