Saturday, October 24, 2009

Exercising

Whew, got my camera back. I had to make a tough choice, whether to get it repaired or to dish out for a new camera, especially when Canon just announced the new 7D. Well, like any new released product, it was a bit expensive, and in very short supply. It is getting great reviews and has 1080P HD video, but I just couldn't justify at this point. Another option would have been to upgrade to the 50D, but the new 7D has blinded me... The repair cost was almost at the limit, if I'd have had a bit more time, I may have chosen differently but needed to get a camera back in my hands and, worst case I have a body I will be able to use as a spare should I ever get to a point where I move to something other than a pure recreational hobby.

Anyway, I got the camera back earlier this week and need to run it through its paces. All settings are reset to factory and in shooting yesterday I realized that some of the settings I must have changed, so I fumbled my way around and eventually sorted out the focus point selection. Reminder to self, find manual...

Its autumn in Texas and the leaves are changing from green to brown... So, hit the woods I say. Get some of that awesome Texas color. Actually I wanted to get back down to a particular spot in Allen that has some interesting structure, and also after all the rains I was hoping that some mushrooms were sprouting up, they are always interesting subjects. Unfortunately, none have popped up yet.

So here's a few shots. I actually shot these in RAW, with my tripod. Its been awhile since I actually took time and tried to get some good shots. Obviously out of practice!





No comments: