Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Des Moines

Dez Moiness. That's how the blonde stewardess pronounced it. Later on the flight, someone must have corrected her, De Moine.. she pronounced it correctely. Certainly, she admitted this was not her regular flight as she butchered other announcements, but geez....

I'm downtown, and actually I really like this city so far. Its a mid-sized city, very clean and relatively friendly as near as I can tell. I didn't bring my camera. Hopefully I'll be back here some day as there are some great photo ops that I don't normally have.

The city reminds me a bit of Oklahoma City, nor sure if that's a good thing or not. I have only been to OKC for fun, this trip to Des Moines is for business so its difficult to compare properly. One thing is apparent, they do love their Harley's here though. A surprising number of bikes in the downtown core. And lots, lots, of bicycles. oops, hockey break, RedWings just came back and tied game 1-1 against Sharks. Good thing, they have been kicking butt all night.

Speaking of my camera, I got a new toy recently, for my birthday. An EOS 7D. I'm excited. I have a couple of shots already I need to post when I get home. Inspired and need to stay that way,

No comments: