Monday, July 25, 2011

Backyard inhabitants

Its 105F today, but backyard wildlife continues to flourish. We have had some small birds, finches perhaps, fluttering around the plum tree while we have been outside, and even while the cats have been outside. These birds seem oblivious to any danger in the backyard. I am watching one bird periodically flying into a hanging planter but I think nothing of it. Later, while watering some plants, I see some slight movement in the hanging planter. I thought maybe it was the bird, but upon closer inspection there is a nest with at least 3 very tiny baby birds in it. I tried to get some photos without disturbing them too much but they are quite sensitive and think I am bringing food every time I try to get close to take a picture.

Later there were lots of bees around our "butterfly" bush, and a small green lizard decides to make his presence known.




No comments: