Monday, July 09, 2012

July 4 - Americana part 3

The last part of my Independence day journey took me away from familiar climes. Although not too far, to The Colony. Yes a town that has a "The" as part of its official name. The major celebration was Liberty on the Lake. It was actaully very cool and on the shores of Lake Lewisville. Tons of folks, lots to do, if I lived in the area it would have been a great celebration. But alas, I decided to partake in the festivities and get the heck out of dodge before the fireworks and all the ensuing traffic snarls. Oh, by the way, did you see what happened in San Diego? A 15 minute coreographed disply over in 15 seconds? I chatted with my client, he was there with his family, utter disappointment... Anyway, I went for the next bit of Americana, an eating contest, and luckily for me, right next to the Watermelon Eating Contest, was a BMX and skateboard exhibition. Love it!



This last skateboarder has one artificial leg. This guy absolutely ripped and was fearless. He did some handplants that unfortunately I was unable to capture.



Now for the Watermelon eating contest... a series that hopefully tells a story.



Anticipation or fear...


No fear...


Can get a bit messy...

No comments: