Monday, July 17, 2006

Heat Wave

Well, its really nothing new for Texas. We've now had several consecutive days over 100F. It is getting very dry and the lakes and most notably the ponds are drying up. My lawn is taking a beating too! We did have some rain one day this month, but its long since lost its effect.

Have done a bit of riding. Took my bike to work one day last week, Wednesday we went on the dinner ride, then Friday was new members dinner ride, I think we had about 65 people there! Saturday brought my bike in for 2500 mile service (3100 miles - about time!) and we had the chapter meetings. Darlene won the progressive jackpot ($300 woohoo!) and several of us went to Gainsville for lunch. We didn't get back home till after 4 pm and it was very hot riding. It was evident that the heat bothered Darlene and we had to take a couple of stops.

On my bike they changed the iginition lock (recall) and downloaded a new map - this time to the racing download(?). Marv had the same one done and it fixed some of his problems. I must say the bike seemed to run cooler afterwards. Not sure yet about the performance. Took a bit of a test run on Sunday morning. Didn't let it warm up and except for one little sputter in the alley, seemed to work better. Will need a couple of more tests I'm afraid to convince me its better. Still pops on decel but seems to be a lot less.

No comments: