Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007

Well, here I am again, a bit late in my posting. Big day on Jan 1 with the Brass Monkey Ride. We left the house about 9:30 am with the temperature at 37F. Its about 34 miles to the dealership and most of it highway. Fortunately we were well dressed and even more so, there was little wind! That Hwy 380 can be a bear in the wind. It was a beautiful sunny day though. Apparently the coldest Brass Monkey in the short history, and certainly quite a contrast to 2006 where it was in the low 80's. I heard the bike count was 70 bikes, all the regulars were there of course and a few folks I didn't recognize, but for the most part all relatively active members. We rode to Lake Park in Lewisville for smoked brisket that Choker had cooked, it was delicious. After that we went to Mike and Carols for dessert. It was a beautiful site in front of their house with all the shiny bikes parked in front of their house. A great ride and I got my inagural Brass Monkey patch.

No comments: