Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Maintenance time again

Turned over 31K this past weekend, time for some maintenance. Right at 5K since my last fluid change. Our next big ride is April 18 weekend, the Wildflower ride. I'll probably log about 1000 miles that weekend as I really want to do the Three Sisters loop in Hill Country.

We've been busy getting ready for the wedding so haven't done a lot of riding per se, and haven't focused on my road captain training. I need to do a couple of pre-rides and dinner rides to get some feedback. I have two routes already under my belt with 3 more to go. I have a couple of routes in mind, not exactly dinner rides, more like lunch rides.

This past Friday was Good Friday and I had the day off work. Took care of a bunch of stuff throughout the day then took a quick ride up to Oklahoma and back. I wanted to check out a little something that piqued my interest. It was the single lane bridge at Carpenter's Bluff and was definately worthwhile. There's a couple of restaurants in the vicinity and isn't so far you even need to stop at a restaurant, but that seems to be out group's motto, Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride...
Fairly quick trip, about 130 miles, FM120 is a cool little road and Denison has an interesting looking downtown that is likely worth checking out.

This coming weekend of course will be a lot of fun, I guess we can call it a biker wedding, even though I'm a bit uncomfortable with that image. Stay tuned for pictures!!!

No comments: