Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

It was a busy weekend, started off quite warm on Friday and into Saturday. The boys spent quite a bit of time in the pool.

Saturday was the dealerships 6th anniversary so there was a big party planned. I had to get my rear tire changes (note - 33,800 miles) and a state inspection, before my trip to Vegas. No way that tire would have made that round trip. I got there quite early and it was not very busy so I got that turned around and went out and finished the PTP location shots. By the time I got back, the girls were setting up for the bake sale and food.

We stayed there till about 3:30, with all the festivities, the chapter raised quite a bit of money for Cumberland as there were a lot of folks dropping by. There were some nice bikes in the bike show and the stunt riders were pretty cool. Mostly wheelies, but they beat the crap out of those bikes!

Sunday we had the Mother's Day dinner ride to Hanks in Mckinney. It was one of my training rides and although we had a relatively small turnout (17 bikes) it was a good ride of about 72 miles with some twisty and sweeping sections.

Since the destination was in Mckinney, it was a quick ride home. We went out and did a little garden landscaping before the boys got wet again.

I took a lot of pics at the show and will post some later today. Tonight am getting ready for my Vegas trip. It will be long riding days....

No comments: