Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stresses

This time of year starts to get stressful. Holidays are coming, Christmas in particular. This year is also a bit unique with the current economic environment weighing on everyone's minds, and in our company we had a significant merger and are in the midst of actions that take place as a result.

I guess we will be able to relax a bit this next week. We have an overnight planned for this weekend with a small group. The ride will be slightly chilly but hopefully no rain. The leaves are most likely past but the ride should be good anyway. I have planned the routes, we are riding to Talihina, Ok, and taking somewhat scenic routes both to and from our destination. After that trip is a short week as its Thanksgiving next week, with Thursday and Friday being holidays.

Interesting hockey game last night as well. We finally won a game, it seems like forever. This past Sunday our game was cancelled due to an ammonia leak at the game, so we missed that one. Last night was a "D" game. We won 6-2, I had a goal, and assist and a roughing penalty. Stupid refs.... One shift I get sticked and poked and hacked and hear the ref telling the guy to keep his stick down. Next shift its start out similiarly, I pick up the puck behind our net, get a two-hander accross my stick, hear the ref admonishing the player and I carry the puck the length fo the rink. I see a weak defenseman in front of me so I skate around then have to cut back to goal, they have another player back who just happens to put his skate out and catch me as I am skating to the front of the net and go flying. Again no call. I'm not upset with the player but the ref for lack of a call. I lost the puck of course and the other team starts breaking out, I catch the puck carrier in the neutral zone (I'm a bit pissed) and he grabs a hold of my stick and glove and hauls me down. I yank my arm out from under him and in frustration punch him. Of course, I am the only player to get a penalty. Four infractions on one shift, 3 by their team, one last one by me, very frustrating. Anyway, we won, but they did score their second goal while I was in the box.

No comments: