Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Musica Musica

I have Sirius satellite radio in my Truck. For music I usually listen to Faction (think action sports - mix of rock, alternative, punk and hip-hop) and sometimes spin the dial. In mornings when I drive my truck instead of my bike to work I usually listen to Howard Stern. Tonight on the way home from my hockey game (yet another loss, although not nearly as heartbreaking as the loss last night 0.5 seconds left....) I was spinning and stopped on Boneyard. Boneyard is not my favorite station by any means as it was the replacement for the Punk Channel, which was my former favorite... Anyway, some song caught my attention so I stopped. Then the next song came on and it really caught me off guard. Not so much the song but the band. Can you believe it, it was April Wine. Maybe most of my Texas friends won't recognize, but any of you Canadians out there, who grew up in the 70's are familiar with April Wine. I would have been less surprised with Loverboy, but would have been totally blown away if it was Max Webster!

All things must pass however as I stopped to get gas, music had moved on to AC/DC and when I started up again, uggg, it was Def Leppard. Sorry, not a fan, spin the dial back to Faction, no good, couple more spins and land on Underground Garage, playing the very classic Velvet Underground - I'm waiting on my man. Redemption!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, April Wine rocked! Even Texans know of this great Canadian band...