Friday, May 18, 2012

Honey Grove, Tx

I took a trip out to East Texas a few weeks ago, at the start of Blue Bonnet season.  I was a bit early as the wildflowers were not at peak and a bit early.  The shots I got of the bluebonnets were not as good as I wanted but it was a good drive and scouting trip.  There are lots of small towns in the area, and unfortunately many of them are getting smaller.

Honey Grove is one of those towns.  It was apparently discovered by Davy Crockett.

 I arrived around mid-day with the bright sun high in the sky, so the lighting was harsh and less than ideal for taking pictures.  The town appears to be on its way to a ghost town with many of the buildings downtown is disrepair or much worse.  I need to get back there either earlier is the day or later in the day when the lighting is more friendly.

This is a shot of a iron, probably cast iron, staircase on the outside of one of the buildings downtown.

No comments: