Friday, June 15, 2012

Sunflowers Abound

Around the area there are fields of sunflowers.  I'm not sure how these crops will be used, whether is for seeds, oil, or what but they are in bloom.  There's probably a couple more weeks before the are past.  I found out about some south of Dallas but in doing research I found out about some close to Prosper which is a lot shorter drive for me so I figured I'd check it out.  It was actaully quite challenging to get good shots but since it was the first time I tried this, I think it was successful and learned a few things.

I was hoping to take advantage of the sunset but some low clouds moved in and didn't cooperate as well as I had hoped.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are these flowers located? I would love to see them in person.

Ray LeBlanc said...

These near Prosper, TX north of Hwy 380 just off the South Dallas Parkway and CR51