Monday, June 11, 2012

Trinity River Aubudon Center

This weekend our meetup photo shoot was at the Trinity River Aubudon Center, south of Dallas.  The facility only opens at 10 am on Sundays, and the weather was predicted to get into the mid-90's.   After an hour and a half, I was pretty much done, I hadn't even covered half of the trails, but I have never seen so much poison ivy in my life and although I had been very careful up to that point, I didn't want to risk it any further.  So far so good though....

As it was getting to mid day, and hot, it was difficult to find any wildlife except for insects.  The birds were pretty wary so I was unable to get close enough to any.  I shot  a couple of shots with my telephoto zoom, but most of these were shot with my Tamron 90mm macro lens.  I used a translucent screen to diffuse the light for most of these but not all.










No comments: