Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bike the Bricks - 2013

Friday night was the Annual Bike the Bricks in downtown Mckinney.  This is the third one I have attended (spectator) and the second one I have shot.  This year I was particularly looking forward to it as I have a new flash that has second curtain sync.  Its the first time I used it though so still getting used to it but overall I was pleased with the capabilities of the flash on many fronts.

The weather this past couple of weeks has not been very typical, with lots of clouds and developing storms.  The sky was fairly grey, but fortunatley the rain held off till near the end of the evening.  I took almost 500 shots and had very little garbage, comparatively speaking.

Here is a handful of shots from the evening. 











This guy wrecked, I heard the crash to my left and couldn't believe he didn't get hit by anyone else.  It was in the middle of a turn, and in a large group, I don't know how all these guys were able to course correct themselves.





Probably one of my favorite shots of the evening.  Just illustrates how close you can get to the action. 


Not sure how this happened.  I have a couple like this.  I suspect the ghost image is the result of someone elses flash firing close to mine.




No comments: