Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Photo Results

Finally I got some results in a Photo Club entry, its been a long time. Whether it’s the judges, my pictures or the competition, actually the competition is incredible, I haven’t scored any awards in some time.

Well for this contest season they have just started accepting electronic submissions. Additionally they collapsed the intermediate and advanced categories into Advanced so there are more entries. But to be honest some of the Beginners’ photos are the best I have seen in the club. Obviously the real Masters in the club consistent produce the best shots but there is incredible and consistent talent throughout the membership!

Well the last meeting was the results for Sports. With all the football pics I shot last year I figured I had a couple, I narrowed it down to about 5 then finally to 2. I didn’t make the meeting but sent a note in for the results and just got them back today.

My Goal Line Stand pic got 11 points, not bad, with relatively favorable comments, excellent capture, but slightly tilted field (horizon).

My The Wait pic got 12 points, good exposure, composition, and more importantly an Honorable Mention! Woo Hoo! Its funny, this was one I wasn’t sure about entering, but myself and everyone I showed liked it.

No comments: