Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ahhh Paris...


Ahhh, Paris….

Paris, TX that is… there is a movie by the same name with Harry Dean Stanton. I know I saw it but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was about.

Saturday we rode to Paris so I could get the Lonestar point. Also wanted to get a pin from the Harley Dealership. Its not that far from home, about 90 miles. We took a couple of back roads but pretty much stayed on State Highways. We stopped in Honey Grove TX for the Davey Crockett Day. Yes, Day, not Days. Friendly and historic little town.

Along the way we found a vintage airplane for Darlene’s red book. Pretty cool actually the whole trip had lots to see. We drove by an antique tractor graveyard too. But of course when we got to the dealership it was closed. I guess they close at 2PM on Saturdays to go riding or something.

We did get to the Eiffel Tower ok though and got my Lonestar point. Since it was so late we took the direct route home at that point.

Also I am now officially no longer in the "those who will" and now in the "those who have" dropped their bikes. Silly me, didn;t have my kickstand engaged under the tower. I guess if I'm going to drop it under the Eiffel Tower is as good a place as any.

Sunday we went downtown Dallas to get the last point I needed to get. Darlene didn’t have it either but already had 5. We stayed off the highways and stayed on some of the city streets. Now we know why we don’t go downtown often….

Sunday night we met up with the HOG group for a movie but since we had rode the last two days we decided to drive the car instead.

Almost forgot, Friday night we went to the Crosstown Showdown, Mckinney vs Mckinney North. We got beat. Bad.

No comments: