Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rock and Roll

This past Saturday was the LOH sponsored Rock and Roll ride to Leonard Texas, just a bit east of here. We went to the dealership to ride with the group and I guess we put on a total of about 200 miles maybe a bit less, I never really paid that much attention to it. It was a good ride, not too large a group. The roll part of the ride was a short 2-3 mile stretch at the end. After that we finished up Darlene’s red book.

Darlene was supposed to have her Advanced Rider’s Edge course on Sunday. She left about 6:30 and had to go to Texas Motor Speedway. She didn’t make it as it was very cold and her bike does not operate well in cold weather. Ultimately she came back home as she was unable to get to the course.

Monday night was Plano Photography Club night. I had only one entry submitted, I got 12 points but was in the middle of the pack, I really wasn’t expecting a lot from it. The speaker was all about Scrapbooking, it was ok I guess. I submitted two in Open for October but again, not expecting much. Next month is S-curves, I really need to get something in for that. I have some ideas and am hoping our ride in Ark will produce something, but I have an idea for local and tested the road on the weekend, I think it will work!

Finally waxed my bike too, if only I could get at my truck. Also tried my new toys, the edger and blower/vacuum, worked well!

No comments: