Monday, October 16, 2006

Busy Weekend

The kids have a long (5 day) weekend. So we went to the TX State Fair on Friday. Its been a couple of years at least. It was a great day, great weather. We spent all day there. While we didn’t eat any fried confections the food just doesn’t agree very well with me. This year in addition to the Fried PB&J there was Fried coke and some other things that elude me.

I got quite a few pictures will see what I can post up.

The bird exhibit was good with a hilarious part that was very well choreographed. In short an audience member was to feed a young bird. Well it just so happened that that particular species is one of the largest in the world with a 10 ft wingspan. Well she freaked and as she was backing up she tripped into the pond set up on the stage. Afterward when she was coming out from behind another large bird was onstage and ended up chasing her back stage again. Of course it was all set up, but we certainly didn’t know till the end!

Saturday started early with the Plano Photography Club outdoor model shoot. Unfortunately there was a bit of a shortage with the models and even photographers. Overall the shoot went well, I am pretty happy with the shots I got. I think though it was one of the least well organized model shoots I’ve been on. The location just got set 2 weeks prior, the numbers of models and photographers were not up to standards and once the sun came out, the location lost its “luster”. Additionally the food was not coordinated and club politics reared their ugly head….. This is the first time I have seen it, by the sounds of things its not new but I guess I just haven’t seen it yet. Names will remain nameless but a certain someone was exerting just a bit toooo much control….

After the shoot I rode down to the golf course to hopefully catch the Hell-Over(?) golf tourney, but just caught one group. It was a shotgun start and I would have had to wait around too long for the ending so I left.

Sunday we were met with rain, and a lot of it. All day. So we did some work around the house. I hung a new ceiling fan and Darlene hung some sheers. Some other stuff but just general house chores. Its still raining today. We are probably going to get a total of 3-5 inches overall, much needed rain!

No comments: