Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is just around the corner. And its on a Friday night. This year we're going to decorate, more like in the past, possibly with some mechanical tricks to scare the little tiny kids out of their costumes!

We're also planning on having a bit of a party for the boys and their friends and of course my mind turns to music... Special night deserves special music. Have a ton of songs in my mind for a Halloween playlist and have been surfing for additional ideas. At a bit of a quandry however whether to stick to a specific theme so will likely mix it up with some traditional Halloween stuff and some stuff a bit more obscure.

Here is one of the best complitations I have seen.
Halloween Playlist Spectacular

For mine I would like some specific songs.

John Cale - Heartbreak Hotel (yes the Elvis song but a very spooky almost violent rendition.)
The Cramps - Goo Goo Muck
New York Dolls - Frankenstien
AC/DC - Hells Bells
Suicidal Tendencies - I Saw your Mommy
Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick
Tom Waits - What's He Building in There
Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Misfits - lots to choose from
The Damned - Absinthe (yes its a drinking song, but its the Green Faerie)
The Who - Boris the Spider
Bobby Pickett - Monster Mash


I'm sure there are a ton more songs, and eventually this playlist will change. I'm also looking for a copy of Chicken Heart by Bill Cosby off his Wonderfulness album. Its a comedy bit, not a song, but is fantastic.

No comments: