Monday, January 12, 2009

It's On!

The Chili competition is heating up! The trash talk has begun in earnest.

Our Annual chili contest is this year. We entered for the first time last year, mainly for show (I can say that now that I have recovered from the taste loss....). So this year I have a bit of a different attitude, focused again on show but with a new theme this year.

A new recipe, I think its a bit easier at least all the spices I can pick up locally. Actually I really enjoyed last years recipe except that one of two cuts of meat did fall apart a bit too much.

We picked up most of our props yesterday and should have all we need.

Not sure if we will join the trash talk or not. I have a feeling we will have a "job" to do later this week and a chili competition is a convenient way to "dispose" of the "evidence"....

No comments: