Monday, February 26, 2007

Milestone

Well this weekend my odometer clicked over 10,000 miles. Less than one year from purchase date, actually by that anniversary we will have had several other short trips as well as the wildflower ride. So it is quite likely I will have another 1K on by that time. Time for the big one, the 10K checkup. I'll get them to out Syn3 in it since that is all they carry at the dealership and also get them to give it a very thorough check. That is the last of my prepaid service so may as well get anything I can out of the way.

Saturday was the regional chili cookoff hosted by Texas HD in Bedford. What a day! The wind was unreal. Sustained winds in 30-40 mph, with gusts up go 60. I rode into the wind getting there, good thing since when I left to go home we were in the midst of a major dust storm. Probably the worst I'd seen here yet. Visibility was less than 3/4 miles. My bike and clothes got filthy riding home. Interesting experience in such strong winds, but not as bad as I expected.

Sunday was a lunch ride, short ride to Sanger. But afterwards we went for a bit of an tour. Went with Larry and Holly and a couple of others. They were booking it. Why? There was no need to get anywhere as fast as we could. Anyway we ended up breaking off from them and took a more liesurely pace, took 902 accross to 75. Good little road through a couple of small towns. It was fun. We ended up putting about 180 miles on Sunday, that was when I clicked over.

No comments: