Monday, February 11, 2008

RCIT

Road Captain In Training. Kind of funny. Saturday's ride was one off my submitted rides for the Road Captain training. Got some very positive feedback so that was cool. It was 74 miles I think, just over 1.5 hours riding. We ended up at Yesterday's restaurant in Bridgeport. The restuarant did a great job seating and serving us but got messed up when it came time to get everyone their checks. No big deal it all got sorted out. We split a chicken fried chicken sandwich, and the chicken was most excellent.

The ride there was relatively uneventful. I saw a couple off deer bounding over the roadbank. Darlene's pod had a very tight turn and some brakes locking up, but everyone made out ok.

After lunch we did a partial pre-ride to Granbury for the LOH Spring Fling Ride. Its another relatively short ride, only 95 miles from the shop to the hotel. It will be all ladies and some of them don't have a lot of riding experience so I selected a route that kept them off the interstate for the most part. I guess it was ok. Fairly well populated areas with traffic, but for the most part, good spacing between lights and traffic stops and should be easy to keep pods together. Granbury has a pretty cool downtown square and it looks like it stays quite busy.

This weekend was pretty awesome weather wise and there was a lot of bikes and groups on the road.

Sunday was a honeydo day, got several items ticked off. Essentially finished the boys bathroom, hung the mirror and cabinet. Put the light in the powder room and got up on the roof and glued down some of the shingles that were lifting in the last big wind. I bought a bundle off shingles but since there was only technically one (partial) missing, I didn't open it yet and will likely return it. BBQ'd some steak for supper. Good day overall.

This Saturday is my advanced riders class. I'm looking forward to it. Its my first riders training since I got my license 25 years ago!

Oh, 310 miles on Saturday. I took my camera but never took it out of the bag so no pics.

No comments: