Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Shift Linkage

Well it finally happened. My shift linkage let go. It was actually a couple of weeks ago, we had just left the gas station on 380 and 377, on our way to the dealership for the Blanket Ride. I went to shift into second gear and no go, just a loose shifter peg.

We stopped, I told Darlene to keep going, since it was her ride and I rigged a couple of zipties and was back on the road in no time.



And wouldn't you know it, I had bought a set of heim joints from Paul Martin at the Christmas dance, and they were sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. I coulda installed them over Christmas break with the rest of my add-ons I installed, but no, I decided to wait.

Actually the zipties worked surprisingly well. I have now installed, and lubed the new heim joints. Its a nice tight fit and it seems to shift better.

No comments: