Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ride prep

This coming weekend is the annual AEHOG Wildflower ride. We will be leaving early Friday for a three day weekend. I have pre-ridden so will very likely be an RC in some capacity this weekend, maybe leading or tailing most likely.

The wildflower reports are not very promising this season, apparently due to a dry fall and winter. I think that is mostly west of I-35, which of course is right smack in Hill Country where we will be. All the more reason to venture out a bit on Saturday. Right now I have a 270 mile trip to the Three Sisters (335, 336, 337) which are reputed to be some of the best roads in Texas. This will include riding through Kerrville and Leakey. I'd like to stop at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Shop. It will be a fairly long day, as the average speeds will likely only be about 40 mph as the roads are twisty and hilly.

Round trip we should put approx 1000 miles. We are predicting over 60 motorcycles this weekend, not everyone will make the same ride we will on Saturday, as there are many local opportunities including the Willow City Loop, Enchanted Rock and Luckenbach as local riding attractions.

I have to keep an eye on my primary fluid, it may be a good idea to change it as I have a slight leak and may be down a few cl or even an ounce or two. I think I may have a bad gasket. Its one I have never touched but one of the other guys in group had a similiar issue and had it replaced under warranty. Topping it up will not be a bad idea.

No comments: