Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day, eh?

Ah, its Canada Day... Hot dogs, Fireworks, officially the first day of summer in Canada... Screechh... Wait a minute, I'm in Texas, summer started weeks if not months ago! Still though, its an important day.



Down here, we are fortunate to wrangle a long weekend out to the deal as July 4 is on a Friday. Mckinney is starting an new celebration this year, Red, White and Boom, with festivities Friday and Saturday. They are having the bulk of the celebrations both downtown, and then at Craig Ranch, which should be easy for us to get in and out of.

Million Mile update - well I only contributed 15 miles but I did contribute. I checked this morning, there is still time for some more folks to contribute, but when I looked they was over 2.7 million miles on the odomoter. I don't know if they'll make it to 3 million or not but it sets a good bar.

Later this month, July 15, is national ride to work day.

No comments: