Friday, July 25, 2008

Zumo woes

I've been struggling trying to get my zumo hooked up to power on my motorcycle. Have had the wires run for some time and used the standard slicing connectors but that didn't work. the wires from the zumo are very small, not sure if that is part of the problem with the small diameter wires. So last night tried again, tried hardwiring and soldering to the cig lighter wires which worked for a bit but then stopped. Disconnected and reconnected, still not luck so gave up on that and tried some different splicing connectors. Now the cigarette lighter won't work so I must have blown a fuse.

Rode to work this am, noticed a couple of other electrical components out, confirmed online its a fuse so hopefully when I replace that, my zumo will get power. Need to try to get this fixed tonight as we have a ride tomorrow I really wanted to use the GPS on. Its a pretty straight ride but I haven't used it on the bike as much as I would like.

Oh, and its going to be hot tomorrow, triple digits.

No comments: