Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mileage update

So, to try to bring my adventures up to date. In the month that I have owned my bike, I have put on 1300 miles.
My first "trip" was the AEHOG LOH ride on May 7 to Granbury and Hico. I think the trip was about 250 miles total. A fun ride through pretty nice roads in the top of Hill Country.

The next weekend, May 13, was the Pass The Pigs run/event. I think that was just a little over 100 miles total, starting at AE in Corinth and ending at the Thunderhorse in Lewisville for bike games. That was fun, but saw my first motorcycle accident, or at least the outcome of it, on the road, a group heading a different direction. Fortunately it was not a serious accident. We ended up not being able to stay for the bike games as Ryan had his prom and we wanted to make sure everything went well.


Jump ahead to May 19-21, the Texas State Rally. Left Friday morning with Holly and Larry, we took some great roads around Lake Texoma. Saw a little wildlife, some deer, a coyote. Had a great time at the Rally, had been to ROT a couple of years ago but did not truly experience as I only spent a few hours there. On Saturday morning, we collected on Dyess AFB for some photos followed by a parade through Abeline. There were over 2100 bikes in the parade, it was very cool. The bike games took place in the afternoon, I took lots of photos, will have to post some! That evening we watched Styx in concert. Actually I enjoyed that much more than I expected! I believe I have now seen Styx more times than any other band, and I'm not even a fan. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in Halifax. The drive home on Sunday was good, took 180 from Abeline to Weatherford, then highway home. Saw this really cool, gigantic elk head on the side of the road. Oh, almost forgot, on the ride down got first Lone Star point in Albany. Total miles on this trip was about 600, which put me over my 1K service point. Got my 1k service done this past Monday.

No comments: