Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pro Sports

With all the other things this week, I almost forgot. Two seasons ended this week, and both my teams ended on a losing note...
First was the Stanley Cup. Well the Stars have been out for a long time so I guess it really wasn't my team but Carolina beat Edmonton for the Cup. Good for Carolina, but it sure would have been nice to have a Canadian team as champions! 8th place seed too.

Basketball, although I'm not that much of a fan the finals ended on a very disappointing note. Mavericks in the finals, first time. Up 2 games, go to Miami for 3 lose all three, then can't hold the lead at home in Game 6. I think its probably a representation of experience. Even though it was Miami's first time to the finals as well, you have Pat Riley the coach who has, how many rings? And Shaq, who has 4 rings himself, compared to Dallas, with Avery Johnson in his first full year as coach and I don't believe any finals experience on the team. Next year...

No comments: