Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bike Wash

After our trip our bikes were quite filthy. 3200 miles and 3 days of rain can put a lot of road grime on a bike. We had to keep the windshields clean during our trip but other than that let the bikes show their adventures.

Of course I can only let that sit for so long after the trip is over so as soon as I got the time I did a good wash and wax of both bikes.

Here some before pics of Darlene's bike.




And after pics, oooo, ahhhh, see how shiny it is.....




So this past Saturday was the chapter meeting and the dealership had an open house and bike demos. I also wanted to do a couple of pre-rides I needed to do. I took a Nightster out for a demo, its a fun little bike that is quite peppy. It also didn't have a windshield and its been a long time since I rode a bike without a windshield. Definitely wouldn't want to ride long distance without one.

Also at the dealership were the Sun Bru girls who were doing a bike wash. One of the guys (who shall remain nameless) was getting his bike washed. I decided I should take a couple of pictures to see if I could learn anything as far as tricks and tips to washing a bike. I think I may have wasted my efforts as for the life of me I don't even recall seeing a sponge hit a bike....

No comments: