Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Milwaukee Trip - Day 4

Finally sunshine! Trip today will take us to Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, via Xenia, Ohio. Looked at the route and plugged it into my trusty Zumo (Emily) and the distance looked reasonable.

The ride to Xenia was via US 68, which again was a great ride, particularly in Kentucky. Another time zone over, Eastern, and after the three days riding we took our time getting on the road as we were going to "make up" that hour.... or so we thought.

As I am trying to figure out my route, and re-route, I realized something. There is a Normal in Indiana, woops! I make my correction, which now adds about an additional 120 miles to the day. Well that pretty much solidifies that after Xenia we will be riding interstate rest of the way! Including throught Indianapolis during rush hour... Thankfully this part of the trip went very well with virtually no slow down in Indianapolis.

Time for a break, so we stop at the Harley Davidson dealership in Urbana, IL where there was a huge ride home party going on. I was walking around and Darlene snapped a pic of Willie G and his entourage leaving the dealership for their next stop on her camera phone.





We arrive at our hotel after dark again, but just so.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Enjoyed your blog. My husband and I are motorcyclists also. Steve rides a Triumph Tiger 1050 and I have a 2007 Suzuku V-Strom 650.

Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul!

Ride safe y'all,
Sparky ♥ ∞